My Content Assessment includes asking questions, listening, capturing your voice, focusing on the needs of your target customer. You tell me how you solve a problem, fill a need, or make someone’s life easier. I will ask questions about your goals, your customers, and your competition. I will review your Marketing materials and website and will consult with you to make sure that there are no “holes” in your plan.
We’ll work together to answer these questions:
- Do you need help with Public Relations? Is that brochure working for you or do you need something else that will best present your business to your customer? How clear is your content and does it drive your customers to action?
- Do you use or need social media? Are you making the best use of the various sites and are boosting your posts to get your message out to a wider customer base?
- Is your website fresh and inviting?
- What programs have been carried out, how are they being executed, and were they successful?
- What is your competition doing?
Editing is another key deliverable that I offer. Editing is not just about grammar, spelling, and commas. It is about content clarity, structure, and flow.
It is also about collaboration. When I edit, I ask questions about your content.
- Does this sound awkward to you?
- Is this redundant with what you just said on the previous page?
- Is this what you mean to say?
- Would it convey your message more clearly if the sentence were worded like this?
- Can we reorder these sentences or paragraphs?
And, of course, I would add suggestions from the competitive research that I have completed.
- I heard about… Is it something that relates to your business?
- I saw …. that one of your competitors mentioned. How do we address it?
Some businesses may be ready for a strategic communications plan. I will create that plan for you, incorporating your present materials with what I know will complete your Marketing presence. This plan will provide you with promotional materials that meet your goals and objectives and will show you how to communicate your expertise to your customers. I’ll help you select the most appropriate marketing communications mix – advertising, public relations, social media, and web and print deliverables.
Copywriting services can enhance any piece of your content marketing strategy. Maybe you need a new online brochure to send out. Maybe you need a website or a Facebook page.
Copywriting is one of the most essential elements of effective communications. Writing clear, concise content is the core of presenting your business to your customer.
- Consult with you to learn about your business, your customers, your messages, and what differentiates you from your competition.
- Create the Marketing materials that you need, with your help and with your goals and objectives in mind.
I provide that “second set of eyes,” a different perspective, when I review your marketing materials or your website. You want to make sure that you are clearly communicating your message to your customer and, of course, the words are spelled correctly and your grammar is impeccable.
No one wants to see a typographical error in their Marketing materials. And there are times when spell check is not going to be enough. Spell check does not pick up on tense problems or voice issues and doesn’t even catch all punctuation errors. And sometimes it steers you wrong. The mechanical spell checker could misinterpret what you are saying and tell you to change your subject and verb agreement, making it incorrect.
Social Media Planning
Social Media must be part of your communications plan as it is a viable way for businesses to communicate their messages. From Facebook and Linkedin pages to scheduling and boosting posts, to tweeting, retweeting, and live tweeting, I can help you put the Social Media plan together that will best promote your work. Studies have even been done on the best time of day to post and the best day of the week to post. And sometimes pictures tell it all, especially before and after pictures when you complete a project.
You are an expert in your business. But talking to designers and printers can sometimes seem like a foreign language. When they mention bleeds and crop marks, it can make your head spin. And talking to them eats up time that you could better devote to your business. That is where I can help. I’ve been working with designers and printers for more than 20 years. I talk their language so you do not have to learn it.